Wednesday 31 July 2013

At the Sign of The Golden Hooks

Once upon a time in Arcadia in the year 1931, Ogden Smiths of Piccadilly took Stand F27 at The British Industries Fair at Olympia.  There, they held their annual exhibition of Fishing Tackle on a  stand dressed with the Ogden Smiths' Trade Mark - two giant Golden Hooks.

Tomorrow, on Thursday 1st August in the year of Arcadia 2013, I will be stalling out at my usual stand in Spitalfields Antiques Market on Commercial Street in the district of London known as E.1. between the hours of 8am and 3pm and where I shall hold my weekly exhibition and sale of Fishing Tackle.    Should you be in the vicinity I look forward to your good company over a cup of market tea whilst we listen to Light Cavalry Marches over the market's public address system.