Wednesday 29 March 2017

From the Lost Tackle Shop on Holy Street

For the attention of ladies, gentlemen and all passers-by I am pleased to announce that I have listed for immediate sale in the winter gardens known as my website at nominal prices to those with a custodial spirit a number of items-cum-relics from a lost tackle shop that I had the privilege of clearing recently.  I will also have a number of other items mundane but spectacular from the clearance upon my stall at this Sunday's tackle fair in the town of Romsey.  I gained access to the shop via a grand favour which shall not be forgotten and unlocked the front door that had been sealed for twenty years in the good company of my collaborator the photographer Nick Fallowfield-Cooper.  The photographs he took that morning and the short prayer that I wrote in homage to the shop appear on the cover and within the new issue of Fallon's Angler which is out on Friday 31st March.  I will have copies of the magazine for sale on Sunday.  You may also buy some in their shop. Thank-you.