Friday 24 December 2010

Spitalfields

Yesterday at Spitalfields was bitter cold.  Even the ly's fell off.  It was a day for breaking the ice on the teas, celebrating coarse grammar and reading coarse fishing books.  A day to wish my good friends who visit the stall and who stall out on the market a very Merry Christmas.  But mostly it was a day to stay warm.  And so I found myself lingering briefly in Albam, a shop I was proud to first supply with display items when they opened originally in Beak Street and who now have an emporium on the edge of the market www.albamclothing.com .  So, it was to my joy when I found in there a book I urge you to buy if you still have stockings to fill.  It is called 'British Folk' Part One and is written and published by James Pearson-Howes www.jamespearsonhowes.com.