Thursday 3 November 2011

Cogswell & Harrison

Once upon a time in Arcadia, and especially on a Thursday, ladies and gentlemen wanting to buy Vintage Fishing Tackle for the Soul would have faced the dilemma of which branch of Cogswell & Harrison to visit.  Cogswell & Harrison had three shops and were Cogswell & Harrison - London Paris and Exeter.  On Thursdays I am Andrews of Arcadia - London and can normally be found standing to attention next to my stall in Spitalfields Antiques Market.  Today, however, I am proceeding westwards, not in the direction of Paris, past Exeter and north to the town of Ludlow, where for tomorrow and the day of this week only known as Saturday I shall be stalling out in the bar of the Ludlow Racecourse whilst the Mullocks Auction of Fishing Tackle is in progress.  Should you be taking the same road I look forward to your good company over a cup of tea and a black pudding sandwich.